Update in an Hour
Is your home feeling drab? Need a quick update? Here are 10 things you can do in an hour or less.
1. Fluff sofa pillows, flip seat cushions, swap out new accent pillows, and add a throw to the sofa back.
2. Bring the outdoors in: Bring in a fresh display of fruit or flowers. Or try collecting pinecones, acorns, stones, and branches and arranging them in clear hurricanes and vases.
3. Swap out your shower curtain and towels.
4. Rearrange accessories. Try a monochromatic look and display only accessories in various shades of the same color.
5. Frame some of your children’s art (or maps, thrift-store art, or fabric swatches) and hang them in the living room.
6. Swap out the hardware on a dresser or bathroom vanity.
7. Arrange your books by color to create a literary rainbow.
8. Hang a mirror to enlarge a small room.
9. Buy new bedding and instantly change the look of your bedroom.
10. Repurpose something. Plant flowers in a teapot; hang pots and pans from a circular clothing rack; make a bookcase your home office command central.