Update in an Hour
Is your home feeling drab? Need a quick update? Here are 10 things you can do in an hour or less.
- Fluff sofa pillows, flip seat cushions, swap out new accent pillows, and add a throw to the sofa back.
- Bring the outdoors in: Bring in a fresh display of fruit or flowers. Or try collecting pinecones, acorns, stones, and branches and arranging them in clear hurricanes and vases.
- Swap out your shower curtain and towels.
- Rearrange accessories. Try a monochromatic look and display only accessories in various shades of the same color.
- Frame some of your children’s art (or maps, thrift-store art, or fabric swatches) and hang them in the living room.
- Swap out the hardware on a dresser or bathroom vanity.
- Arrange your books by color to create a literary rainbow.
- Hang a mirror to enlarge a small room.
- Buy new bedding and instantly change the look of your bedroom.
- Repurpose something. Plant flowers in a teapot; hang pots and pans from a circular clothing rack; make a bookcase your home office command central.