Twin XL (Extra Long) Mattresses
Twin XL Mattresses
Filter Your Results
- Refine by Top Brands: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-PRObreeze
- Refine by Top Brands: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-ProAdapt
- Refine by Top Brands: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-LUXEbreeze
- Refine by Top Brands: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-LuxeAdapt
- Refine by Top Brands: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Adapt
- Refine by Top Brands: Stearns and Foster
- Refine by Top Brands: Slumbercrest
- Refine by Top Brands: Sealy Youth
- Refine by Top Brands: Sealy Posturepedic Plus
- Refine by Top Brands: Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid
- Refine by Top Brands: Sealy Posturepedic
- Refine by Top Brands: Sealy
Get the best in comfort and value on a twin XL from Slumberland Furniture. Our extensive selection of mattresses features different materials, comfort levels, and brands, making it easy for you to find a bed you’ll love for years to come.
EXTRA-LONG TWIN MATTRESS DIMENSIONS
When choosing a mattress for your kid’s room or guest room, consider getting an extra-long twin mattress. A regular twin mattress measures 39” width x 75” length, however, the twin XL mattress is 39” in width, just like a regular twin, but is 80” in length, giving you (or your kid or guest) five extra inches to stretch out.
Children grow faster than you think, and before you know it, you may be on the lookout for a new mattress for your growing teen. And if you have guests, they’ll appreciate the extra room they need to relax at the end of the day.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EXTRA LONG TWIN MATTRESSES
Shopping for a twin XL-sized mattress for the first time? Here are some tips from the experts here at Slumberland Furniture:
- Standard Twin Vs. XL – Extra-long twins are not the same as standard twins. This slightly larger mattress has five extra inches in length.
- Get a new bedframe – Since twin XLs are longer than standard twins, they will not fit on a standard twin frame. An XL twin needs an XL twin frame.
- Explore different comfort levels – Everybody has their own unique preferences when it comes to the mattress comfort level that helps them get their best night’s sleep. Be sure to check out different comfort levels from ultra-plush to firm to find the right twin XL bed for your body and sleep position.
- Don’t forget about sheets – Just like these longer twins won’t fit a regular twin frame, they also won’t work with standard twin sheets and comforters. Look for twin XL sheets and comforters to ensure a good fit.
If you’re looking for a new twin XL size mattress, you won’t find better mattress options than at Slumberland Furniture. From individual beds to twin XL mattress sets complete with a box spring, you will find a mattress you will love.
Difference between Twin and Twin XL Mattress
Of course, the mattress size is the first and most obvious difference between a twin and an XL twin. The width is the same, so it fits easily into smaller bedrooms, and the five extra inches you get with an extra-long twin mattress are invaluable for fast-growing teens.
Your child may outgrow a smaller-sized twin pretty quickly, but you will find it provides all the room they need with a longer twin. The longer measurements also make it ideal for a college dorm. Guests will appreciate the extra length that keeps their feet from dangling off the edge.
Our twin XL mattresses are available for trusted brands, such as Sealy Youth, Sealy Posturepedic, Stearns and Foster, and Tempur-Pedic, as well as our in-house brand Slumbercrest. Choose the comfort and softness levels your youngster needs to get their best night’s sleep.
XL Twin Mattress Sets
Once you’ve chosen the firmness, softness, and back support you want from the extra-large twin mattress, don’t forget to get a new box spring or foundation to go with it. Putting a new mattress on an old foundation may cause it to wear out sooner. If your foundation is damaged or sagging, it could cause the new mattress to sag as well.
Another important reason to get a new foundation with your new mattress is your warranty. Every mattress we sell comes with a warranty, however, in many cases, if you use an old foundation, you risk voiding your warranty. You also risk shortening the lifespan of your mattress and reducing its overall comfort. This is because the wood of an old foundation can begin to sag, and this can cause your mattress to sag prematurely.
Before you leave, swing over to sheets and pillows to get the right sizes for your new extra-large twin mattress. If you’ve never had an XL twin, you’ll need a new sheet that will accommodate the extra length of your new mattress. Choose from sheet sets in a range of colors, a duvet or comforter set that goes with your décor, and a mattress protector with an antimicrobial treatment to make your sleep more comfortable.
If your teen is picky and you’re not sure if your new mattress will suit them, you can take advantage of your 120-night guarantee. It’s not unusual to have an adjustment period when you get a new mattress. We give you 120 days to decide if you like your new mattress or not.
Extra Long TWIN Mattresses for Sale Near You
If you are looking for an extra-long twin mattress near you, you’ve landed in the right place. Stop by the Slumberland location near you and check out our selection of extra-large twin mattresses for kids. Consult with one of our sleep experts to find an extra-long twin mattress that will help your teen or guests get their most comfortable night's sleep.